Sunday, November 28, 2010

Why I don't mind getting up early sometimes...

Hannah and I rolled out of Charlotte shortly after six on Wednesday morning to make the six-hour drive up 81 to Hagerstown, Maryland. I bribed her awake with cooked breakfast, and we were on 77 before the sun came up.
I have a bad habit of taking photos while trying to drive.

The drive up was glorious. Mountains and glowing trees and an Amish man silhouetted against a beautiful sky as he drove his buggy across an overpass. Photography-while-driving reflexes weren't fast enough for that one, sadly. The drive back was much longer. Traffic on 77 was miserable for a while, and at one point we went back and forth between a standstill, and gaining maybe five yards at 2 mph. Towards the end of our incredibly aggravating stint in traffic, the highway wound around the side of a mountain and instead of being stuck at a standstill looking at dark highway trees and oncoming cars, we were suddenly stuck at a standstill looking across a valley at this...
I'm pretty sure I have at least one or two other posts comprising of similar sunset photos, but I find myself faced with something like that and I can't help myself. If we hadn't been stuck in traffic, it would have flown past in my periphery in a few seconds. I was glad for the traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment