Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quick! I have internet!

I've been stealing some internet until I get my own (Friday!) and it's working right now! Which means I've got 30 seconds to write a quick blog post and then get some Hulu going. I'm not paying for cable, so I'm going to have to buy an antenna for my TV to get any channels. Toby was giving me all sorts of advice involving tinfoil and stripping coax cable, but I think I'll be conventional on this one. For now. I told him if he wants to deck the place out in tinfoil when he gets here, he can go for it.

I walked to the library this morning, but didn't think to bring some proof that I live here, so I couldn't get my library card. I'd go tomorrow, but the libraries here apparently had some big funding cuts and are only open four days a week. I'll have to wait till Friday before getting my L-card...which is probably more exciting to me than it should be. I've got to start bulking up on economics, government, politics, the Constitution, Founding Fathers, and so forth, so I have something to teach these teenagers in a month!

The place is coming together slowly but surely. I successfully hung a couple pictures in the hallway, and then bent a couple nails trying to hang pictures on the hardest plaster walls I've ever encountered. I like that my apartment feels solidly built, but it doesn't need to be that solid.

And tomorrow...I'm driving up to Salisbury to see my friend Jon Furr in a play! Why? Because he lives in NC too! It's wild to me that I can suddenly just get in my car and drive like, 30 minutes to see friends I haven't seen in ages. I'm liking being back east.

No comments:

Post a Comment