Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ftw

Hannah: also, have you ever tried evaporated cane juice?
Me: no, i have not
Hannah: i might see if i can find it somewhere...maybe trader joes...
Me: why?
Hannah: i'm supposed to make muffins for mom's ascls meeting saturday morning. it's at the house and i'm looking up recipes
Me: oh...cool. hey, you should make these muffins amanda sent me a recipe for. theyre made out of almond meal. gluten-free.
you could test them.
except they might be weird.
i dont know.
but. i'm gonna go run barefoot for a mile real quick before the sun goes down and it gets chilly on my toes.
Hannah: haha, they might be weird...i'm trying to be fairly traditional for these people, but i feel like this cane juice stuff should be good
hahaha hippiesssss
honestly just look at this conversation
sheesh
Me: haha...hahaha...yes. you're right.
Hannah: evaporated cane juice and barefoot running ftw
Me: in face, i might copy-paste this into my blog later
only what the hell is ftw?
Hannah: what the hell is "in face," i should be asking
(in fact, i know)
it's "for the win"
you should copy that part too. the part where you don't understand internet lingo


I did, in fact, go for a mile-long run barefoot. And it was lovely. My calves aren't in agony, and I felt like I could have done another mile. I restrained myself, because I know better (after past shin splits and knee pain) not to do too much in one go. But I was encouraged at how easy it felt, and also felt like I was less tired at the end of a mile than I would have been in shoes. Not that a mile is very far, but it just felt so much easier. I had to watch out for a couple pebble driveways that had dribbled into the sidewalk, but the asphalt on the road was still warm from the sun and felt great on barefeet. Warm asphalt is a pleasure you wouldn't even know existed if you only ever wore shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment