Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chocolate. (Day 42)

At small group last night, instead of chips and dip (which caused me problems last time) we had dark chocolate fondue with bananas and apples. Ha!! I can actually EAT bananas and apples! And the fondue was just made with dairy, which is fine, and dark chocolate, which I'd been meaning to test anyway. So I went for it, shamelessly globbing as much chocolate on each hunk of fruit as I possibly could. The bananas especially were heavenly

However, I wasn't convinced that I'd had enough fondue to really trigger any symptoms, should chocolate prove problematic, so I figured I'd better pick up some extra. Three minutes before the Harris Teeter closed, I ran in and grabbed the first chocolate I could find: a 60% cacao Ghirardelli baking bar. It wasn't even a real candy bar, and the cashier lady laughed when I ran up to the register, right as she was fixing to close down, with one lone hunk of chocolate, but I can't say I cared much.

Verdict? I seemed to feel okay this morning, after eating half of the thing in about five minutes upon getting back home.

I've got to make a grocery run tonight though - I've got several things I need to test out this week. Almonds are on the list, as are garlic, corn (re-test) and wine. I also need to start trying out other cereal grains, so I'm going to pick up some quinoa and some barley. AND some puffed rice, so I can get my cereal fix again finally. Lately, Harris Teeter has become a world of amazing possibilities - every time I go I get to pick out something I haven't eaten in 30, 35, 40 days. The simplest foods are suddenly the biggest deal. I'm testing garlic tomorrow. I've always loved garlic, but I'm planning on roasting a whole head of it and just eating it. I absolutely cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment