Monday, January 31, 2011

Food Hangover

Last night I splurged. Real dinner. Real restaurant. No substitutions or "can I get it without the butter, sugar and anything with flavor, please?" Alcohol, for the first time in almost a month! To explain a little further (am I this afraid of being judged?) I was asked out to dinner, and refused to be the girl who eats lettuce ungratefully and asks if she can substitute tofu for the meat. So instead I ate myself silly...and my joints into rebellion. Within about two hours of dinner I felt one wrist start to get sore. Then a foot. Then an elbow. I have no way of pinpointing what did the trick, of course, but that's okay. It was the best meal I've had in weeks. And now...I'm back to the foods I know don't cause problems (sweet potatoes are in the oven!) and will start testing new foods again in a few days. To be honest though, I'd have been more upset if I'd had a big, bad meal and then felt totally fine today. This at least serves as confirmation that what I eat and how my joints feel are related in some (albeit ill-defined) way.

As a side note, Bailey's, coffee, milk and butterscotch schnapps make one heck of a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment