Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vitamin D production through ultraviolet B exposure

I love my Delaware backyard – especially when it’s just warm enough to be pleasant but not hot enough to be sweaty. I have decided to attempt the delicate and ambitious task of getting a tan. This has only really been successfully attempted once before: my freshman year of college when I had a convenient roof deck and classes that ended by 11. I don’t want to look like a leathery, crusty-orange tanning-bed junkie, but my transparent Irish-Norwegian skin could use something resembling color. Given that I have a large stack of books to read, or finish reading, this month, I can at least feel productive while I skirt carefully along the line of premature aging and skin cancer. I am also in the market for a large floppy sun hat, so that when I’m not intentionally working on my Vitamin D production, I can be safely guarded from wrinkles and freckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment