Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mr. Bun Buns Arrives

My month of unemployment and leisure is off to a good start. Yesterday I got up early to unpack, clean, and rearrange my bedroom furniture. Today I got up late, lay in the sun in the backyard, bought a money order at the post office to pay the FBI to verify that I’m not a felon, and then, in memory of the Mexican army’s defeat of the French in 1862 at the Battle of Puebla, I made dinner for the family: grilled steak tacos, homemade salsa, and corn and poblano pepper salad. Also, my brother is taking care of some girl's rabbit for the summer, so we have a cute furry thing to feed celery to, and I’m pretty excited about it. His real name is C.J., which stands for Captain Jean Luc Jaeger Bomb Picard [something something] Louis Vuitton [something]. But we know him as Mr. Bun Buns.


2 comments:

  1. CJ is also Carl Jung's initial. hah, this rabbit must be deep and spiritual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, that rabbit is truly epic

    ReplyDelete