Friday, October 29, 2010

Everybody loves a sunset



Especially from the window of an airplane, getting ready to fly someplace they love, to see people they love, at the end of a very long and exhausting month of 10 hour work days and disappointing test scores and too little sleep and one very nasty cold.
Woke up this morning at Shan's, maybe three blocks down the street from my old apartment on Briar, in the middle of my old neighborhood. I'm drinking some Taiwanese green tea, wearing fuzzy tights and a tank top and feeling cozy and leisurely. Riding through the city to get to Shan's I was surprised at how not-weird it was to be back. I remember when I came home to the states from my semester in Vienna - things seemed strange and everything that seemed familiar was like seeing a long-lost friend. This is completely different. I just feel like I've been away for a few weeks on vacation and now I'm back. It's a nice feeling, that a place you got to know and feel safe in is still there, still familiar and doesn't demand you live in it to feel connected to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment