Friday, June 11, 2010

Reason 837 that I moved back south


Three letters. Two of them are B and the other is Q. I don’t know what I was doing being a vegetarian all through college. I had no idea I was living so close to amazing piles of vinegar-soaked pork.

Taylor and her boyfriend Chris took me to a place in Winston that does Lexington style BBQ, which is apparently halfway between ketchup style and vinegar style. You get a little cardboard dish that’s mounded with meat on one side, slaw on the other. Plus hush puppies. And sweet tea. And, as an added bonus, stylish tobacco-themed décor. Good old Winston-Salem. Man, I love the south.


I spent tonight hanging out with Hope (my ex’s awesome mom) who’s putting me up at their lake house for the night. We got dinner and saw ‘Splice.’ Not sure what to say about that movie, except that A) it’s nothing like the previews (which didn’t exactly make me want to go see it) and B) that it involves human-animal cloning, spontaneous sex changes, cross-species reproduction, and a sex scene involving a prehensile tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment